Below are some tips for traveling to Bangkok, Thailand
You can book a return ticket at the cost of $200 including tax from Air Asia or from Jetstar (departing from Saigon) at the cost of 3 million Vietnam dong
Airport fee is 500 baht
To travel from Suvarnabhumi airport to Bangkok centre, you can choose:
- Taxi: there is a variety of taxis on the second floor of the airport. You either strike a deal of 350 -450 baht with the taxi driver or use contermet to count the meter.
- Buses at the airport (Airport Express): Precede to gate No8 on the first floor, you will see the buses. They arrive every 30 minutes and it costs you 150 baht to travel to Silom, Banglamphu, Sukhumvit and Hua Lamphong.
- Public buses: You should precede to gate No3 on the second floor and wait for an airport’s bus named Shuttle Bus to be transported to a bus terminal, 3 kilometers far away. Then you can get on another bus to move to the center at the cost of 70 baht. In case you have your luggage with you, you are supposed to pay an extra 30 baht.
In Bangkok, you can choose to travel by taxi, tuk tuk and motorbike taxi. But you should bargain over prices to avoid being ripped off by taxi drivers or agree to get on if the driver uses the meter.
You can book your ticket at Khaosan Road near Grand Place.
Here are several suggestions
- Interhouse on Ramkhamhaeing Street: The cost is 500 baht per night and but if you plan to stay for a month you just have to pay 45000-5000 baht. It is opposite Rajamangala- Thailand’s biggest stadium
- Siam Oriental Inn at 190 Khao San Rd, tel: (02) 629 0312-12, fax: (02) 629 0311 with cost varying from 300 to 500 baht
- Places for entertainment. There are a number of places of interest such as Siam water park, Safari World, Dream World. Besides, you can visit temples or go swimming or diving.
- Grand palace ( you are advised to formally dress when you come here)
- Golden mountain
- Siam Center
- Victory monument
- Chatuchak ( open at weekend only)
- Khaosan road
- Chao praya river boat ride
- Having meals at Suda restaurant
- Floating market in Ayuttaya
If you want to buy casual clothes, you should visit clothes stores along the street. If you want to buy designed clothes, visit shopping malls such as Big C, WTC or Discovery. There is a selection of famous brands ranging from Pena House to Jenifer, H&M, Mango, etc. However, you are likely to pay more than usual when shopping here.
- Food and Drink
China Town or restaurants on Sulkhumvit streets offer clean food and good taste. In addition, food courts in WTC, Siam Square, Silom and Chitlom provide a diveristy of food choices. If you want to get a great late night meal, Foodland is a place to go.