Being known as “Pearl Island”, Cat Ba Island is a famous travelling spot in Hai Phong. If you plan to visit this island, the following information may be helpful for you:
- General information about Cat Ba island
Cat Ba island is comprised of 367 islands and islets. It is 30 kilometers far from Hai Phong and 25 kilometers far from Ha Long . Cat Ba island is recognized by UNESCO as a world biosphere reserve. Especially, local authority take priority in infrastructure development. With a range of hotels and resorts together with high-quality service, Cat Ba Island is really an ideal place to spend your holiday.
- Tourist attraction in Cat Ba
- Lan Ha gulf: it is a famous gulf in Cat Ba island with primitive beauty. Visiting Lan Ha gulf, you will have chance to try kayaking while enjoy the spectacular view of blue beaches.
- Than Cong Fortress: constructed in 1942, the fortress is located on a hill with the height of 177 meters above sea level. Here, you can see 2 firework shells and tunnels made by Vietnamese people during war time. Besides, you can you a telescope to get the whole view of the island.
- Monkey island: it is also called Cat Dua island. The island is inhabited by 20 naughty monkeys. These monkeys love playing with visitors, making a lively atmosphere for the island
- Cat Ba national park: with a rich flora and fauna system, Cat Ba national park has great biodiversity. It consists of marine ecosystem, terrestrial forest and mangrove. For those who want to experience ecotourism, Cat Ba national park is best choice. In addition, you can try trekking through trails to conquer the highest place of the park.